Can you help to spread the word?
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to become Ambassadors for The Startup Foundation (Startup Mzansi) in their local community. To provide our service to more young entrepreneurs and gain more support we need to make more people aware of the work we do.
Some of our volunteers want more than a casual commitment to the foundation and work really hard to promote our cause in their local area. They take the time to build a strong knowledge of The Startup Foundation (with our support) and then take that knowledge out into their community in order to gain support from individuals, community groups, schools and businesses.
This might seem like a big commitment, but the level of activity is always up to you. All we ask is that with our support each ambassador holds at least one fundraising event to spread the word of The Startup Foundation. This could be a pub quiz – you have the freedom to decide what event you will hold and we can offer you support as required.
Raising our profile in your local community is the best thing you can do and we truly appreciate all support.
The Role of an Ambassador
The role is vital to the promotion of The Startup Foundation and can be flexible to suit you. Whether you have volunteered on camp, referred a young entrepreneur or helped out at an event in the past, your experiences will help us spread the word and raise awareness of The Startup Foundation across the South Africa.
You may be asked to:
- Attend a cheque presentation on behalf of The Startup Foundation to represent the foundation.
- Spread the word about the foundation to your local community.
- Work alongside The Startup Foundation fundraising office to raise the profile of the organisation across the country. Maybe setting up your own local fundraising group.
- Give presentations or talks to local groups who are thinking of fundraising for The Startup Foundation. Go along to The Startup Foundation events in your area to support fundraisers; acting as a local point of contact for people wishing to find out more about the charity.
- Speak with your friends, family and colleagues to promote The Startup Foundation. We are committed to supporting our volunteers. What we offer:
- receive a monthly e-newsletter giving you ways to get involved
- quarterly meetings at the foundation and the opportunity to meet other members of the team
- resources to help you fundraise and give talks/presentations on the foundation
- access to the ambassador Facebook page where you can share stories, ideas and experiences
- tours with The Startup Foundation
- ongoing support of the Community Fundraising team
- regular updates about the hospital and the difference you are making
- reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
Support we will offer you
We want to support you as much as we can. As each ambassador role will be unique to the individual the support we can offer will vary. Please see the list below for an idea of the support will give.
- A named member of staff for you to liaise with over the phone
- Provision of materials and organisation information for presentation, talks etc
- Provision of our PowerPoint presentation and The Startup Foundation DVD if required
- Are looking for a long term volunteering role
- Have a personal connection to the hospital (not essential) and would like to share your story
- You would like to get involved with various volunteering opportunities
- Have public speaking skills (not essential)
- Enjoy fundraising and would like to connect with like minded people
Other support can be offered and we would advise that you discuss this with your nominated member of staff once your area of promotion has been established
This role would suit you if you:
How do I become an Ambassador?
If you have supported The Startup Foundation and are interested in becoming a The Startup Foundation Ambassador please contact our Volunteer Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org