Startup Mzansi Foundation is a grassroots, entrepreneur-led, non-profit organization to educate, celebrate, and accelerate entrepreneurial success in South Africa to create healthy, sustainable communities and a more competitive and prosperous South Africa.
We will do through:
- Facilitating a national network of strong startup communities;
- Connecting entrepreneurs into these communities to accelerate their growth;
- Celebrating South African entrepreneurs to promote a strong entrepreneurial culture; and,
- Providing a strong, independent national voice for South African entrepreneurs.
This role requires 8 hours a week and can be done from anywhere in South Africa.
- As an integral part of the Startup Mzansi Fundraising and Development team, the Grant Manager will study literature from various charitable foundations and government agencies that offer funding to determine Startup Mzansi’s eligibility requirements
- Research new government and private funding and prepare Startup Mzansi development team for meetings with key stakeholders
- The Grant Manager will need to check and review grant requirements, inform team of details and information required to complete applications, and also collaborate with Startup Mzansi staff to assist with the writing of the grant proposal
- Startup Mzansi is also a ‘startup’ – the Grant Manager will need to be able to take initiative, identify material that needs to be created to respond to grant applications, and get creative in working with the team to develop necessary collateral
- After securing funding, Grant Manager may also continue to work with grant-making organization to coordinate visits and provide regular reports/updates on programs’ progress
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently while also in a team environment
- Comfortable in using Skype, Office365/Google Docs/Other web-based technologies
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donor
- Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect
Why Volunteer with Startup Mzansi Foundation?
- Gain experience and sharpen your skills as a business development or fundraising professional
- Learn from an awesome and diverse team
- Connect with South African entrepreneurs, leaders and investors
- Help to develop a strong entrepreneurial culture in South Africa
- Have lots of fun
How to Apply?
If this role looks interesting to you, please complete the on-line form at startupmzansi.org.za/join-the-team. If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact our Volunteer Manager Nombuso Mkhonto via firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and you will be contacted if accepted for an interview.